:: Welcome to VidyaDeep Foundation ::
VidyaDeep Foundation
Share this Page  
Technopreneur Promotion Programme (TePP):   Click here for details: TIFAC Support to the TePP Innovator
As a new initiative during 1998-99, the Ministry of Science & Technology has launched a novel programme, known as ‘Technopreneur Promotion Programme (TePP)’ jointly operated by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR) under its plan scheme Programme Aimed at Technological Self-Reliance (PATSER) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under its Home Grown Technology Programme (HGTP) of Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) to tap the vast existing innovative potentials of the citizen of India.
To promote and support untapped creativity of individual innovators
To assist the individual innovators to become technology based entrepreneurs
To assist the technopreneur in networking and forge linkages with other constituents of the innovation chain for commercialization of their developments.
The activities under TePP includes providing financial support to selected & screened Individual innovators having original ideas for converting them into working models, prototypes etc. The assistance under TePP includes to undertake the activities like,
R&D / engineering consultancy,
Small equipment, tools etc.
Raw Material / Accessories (for prototype/process trials),
Fabrication cost (for prototypes)
Patent guidance and support
Testing & Trials
Any other relevant costs
TePP support to the innovators is limited to 90% of the total cost of the project & remaining 10% is to be borne by the innovator/inventor.